Close

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    140,523
    Rep Points
    42,517.4
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    426


    Yes Reputation No

    DME Tuning flash tuned W213 Mercedes-AMG E63 S vs. JB4 tuned BMW F90 M5 (both with downpipes)

    Keep the W213 E63 vs. F90 M5 videos coming! This matchup is a short but interesting highway pull as the W213 E63 AMG S has an M177 ECU flash tune from DME Tuning. The car also has downpipes which we assume are catless.

    Click here to enlarge

    The F90 M5 is running a BMS (Burger Tuning) JB4 box set to Map 2. This is roughly 23 psi and it also has downpipes plus an intake.

    The E63 S edges the M5 but it would be interesting to see a rematch with the F90 M5 sporting a BCM (boost control module).

    This is but the first of many such battles.

    Three sets of brand new 991.2 3.0 headers for sale: Kline, Fabspeed, and Vektor Ceramic Coated

    IPD plenum for Porsche 991.2 3.0 for sale: $650

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    'Straya
    Posts
    46
    Rep Points
    26.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    7:38.92 BMW M5 (F90)
    7:55 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG S 4Mat

    You forgot a tag.
    #yawningchasm

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    miami
    Posts
    425
    Rep Points
    876.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Yes Reputation No

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    431
    Rep Points
    162.3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    The E63 weighs more, has less displacement, but still has won the majority of tests thus far, modified or not lol!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    140,523
    Rep Points
    42,517.4
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    426



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blown6 Click here to enlarge
    The E63 weighs more, has less displacement, but still has won the majority of tests thus far, modified or not lol!
    Like the previous generation the E63 has the modification head start due to the ECU being unlocked but the M5 will catch and pass it.
    Three sets of brand new 991.2 3.0 headers for sale: Kline, Fabspeed, and Vektor Ceramic Coated

    IPD plenum for Porsche 991.2 3.0 for sale: $650

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,419
    Rep Points
    1,179.6
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    yea a basic jb4 without bcm or a back end flash isn't a good measuring stick. the m5/m6 has done better than the e63 in the 1/4 so far

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    578
    Rep Points
    961.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    How much boost was the AMG running?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Points
    801.6
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Yes Reputation No
    Please help me understand something....

    The C&D article (link below) says that the F90 M5 used 24.5psi up from 21.8psi from the F10 M5....how does that relate to the 23psi being mentioned in the original article above...the JB4 is boosting 23psi which is less than stock?
    https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...t-drive-review


    @pr3ci5n335i...this boostaddict article states that the stock boost on the E63s is 21.8psi....i know its not the answer to your question but i thought it would help with context when we do find out about the tuned boost....

    https://www.benzboost.com/content.ph...sy-of-Renntech

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Points
    801.6
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Yes Reputation No
    The 8.6:1 compression ratio makes the E63 the better tuning platform over the F90 M5...much less prone to detonation and easier to tune. $#@! its lower than the 9:1 some 2000hp GTRs use...so I would say AMG was very smart about setting up the engine that way.

    They already have the car up to 761whp with pure turbos..and I bet you anything we will see 1000whp sooner than before on the M157...

    https://www.benzboost.com/content.ph...77-V8-761-awhp

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    miami
    Posts
    425
    Rep Points
    876.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bowser330 Click here to enlarge
    The 8.6:1 compression ratio makes the E63 the better tuning platform over the F90 M5...much less prone to detonation and easier to tune. $#@! its lower than the 9:1 some 2000hp GTRs use...so I would say AMG was very smart about setting up the engine that way.

    They already have the car up to 761whp with pure turbos..and I bet you anything we will see 1000whp sooner than before on the M157...

    https://www.benzboost.com/content.ph...77-V8-761-awhp
    I'm pretty sure vaily/GAD had the M157 over 1000whp on the M157 and still couldnt crack into the 9s.... MB just has too many nannies in the TCU to ever get into the 9s on the MCT trans.... the only MB that can get into the 9s is the M156

    I got tired of AMG's restrictive TCU and left the M157... I doubt the W213 will be much easier...

    plus there are already pathways to 1500 hp on the s63tu so i doubt this amg will be anymore competitive than the W212's were vs the F10's..... BMW has AMG's beat in the higher end of the tuning world, and i am not a bmw fanboy and never owned a bmw.... owned 3 amg's though.... back to audi for me now

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Points
    801.6
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Yes Reputation No
    I heard AMG made improvements to the launch control for the w213...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    140,523
    Rep Points
    42,517.4
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    426



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bowser330 Click here to enlarge
    The 8.6:1 compression ratio makes the E63 the better tuning platform over the F90 M5...much less prone to detonation and easier to tune
    The M5 has the bigger motor and will make more power with less boost pressure. I don't know why AMG went that low.
    Three sets of brand new 991.2 3.0 headers for sale: Kline, Fabspeed, and Vektor Ceramic Coated

    IPD plenum for Porsche 991.2 3.0 for sale: $650

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    140,523
    Rep Points
    42,517.4
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    426



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bowser330 Click here to enlarge
    Please help me understand something....

    The C&D article (link below) says that the F90 M5 used 24.5psi up from 21.8psi from the F10 M5....how does that relate to the 23psi being mentioned in the original article above...the JB4 is boosting 23psi which is less than stock?
    https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...t-drive-review


    @pr3ci5n335i...this boostaddict article states that the stock boost on the E63s is 21.8psi....i know its not the answer to your question but i thought it would help with context when we do find out about the tuned boost....

    https://www.benzboost.com/content.ph...sy-of-Renntech
    It could be Car and Driver gets it wrong or BMW's figures are off. There is no clear answer unless you manually check them all.
    Three sets of brand new 991.2 3.0 headers for sale: Kline, Fabspeed, and Vektor Ceramic Coated

    IPD plenum for Porsche 991.2 3.0 for sale: $650

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •