Close

    • Stock McLaren 720S vs. tuned 991.2 GT2 RS track pull

      Yes, the McLaren 720S is the current champion slaying everything in sight including the Porsche 911 GT2 RS. You may have noticed a handful of GT2 RS 991.2's being tuned recently showing some very impressive gains.


      Well, even with a tune it simply is not enough to take down the 720S. It is closer for sure but the 720S still manages to pull away up top in a convincing manner.

      This car is not fair and taking it down in stock form, let alone modded, is the current performance bar.


      This article was originally published in forum thread: Stock McLaren 720S vs. tuned 991.2 GT2 RS track pull started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 8 Comments
      1. Bowser330's Avatar
        Bowser330 -
        I find it hard to believe it the 720S pulls that hard on a tuned GT2 especially one making 760whp...clearly this GT2 isnt the same as the fabspeed exhaust one...
      1. MR747's Avatar
        MR747 -
        720s is king
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bowser330 Click here to enlarge
        I find it hard to believe it the 720S pulls that hard on a tuned GT2 especially one making 760whp...clearly this GT2 isnt the same as the fabspeed exhaust one...
        Not sure on the specs of the GT2 RS beyond the tune or whose tune but if it has the wing that hurts a bit plus this is not the first tuned GT2 RS to lose to a stock 720S:

      1. stosh1's Avatar
        stosh1 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Not sure on the specs of the GT2 RS beyond the tune or whose tune but if it has the wing that hurts a bit plus this is not the first tuned GT2 RS to lose to a stock 720S:
        According to the owner in the vid, it has a CAT delete and a Cobb tune, and dyno'd around 700HP to the wheels? How the 720S still manages to dominate it in convincing manner is beyond me!? Incredible!
      1. Bowser330's Avatar
        Bowser330 -
        McLaren is sandbagging bigtime with the 720S, no better performance car out there for the $300K price tag, sorry GT2RS!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by stosh1 Click here to enlarge
        According to the owner in the vid, it has a CAT delete and a Cobb tune, and dyno'd around 700HP to the wheels? How the 720S still manages to dominate it in convincing manner is beyond me!? Incredible!
        I have no idea how it beats up on it like that after a tune and cat delete.
      1. Markblackwell's Avatar
        Markblackwell -
        Mitch formerly of Cobb did a tune only 720 and it ran a 9.20 in the quarter mile, from a roll thats in the 720's wheel house. I think they weight 3,150 ish
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Markblackwell Click here to enlarge
        Mitch formerly of Cobb did a tune only 720 and it ran a 9.20 in the quarter mile, from a roll thats in the 720's wheel house. I think they weight 3,150 ish
        It should be you would think.

        All tunes are not created equal.