Close

    • A Lamborghini Huracan gets viciously abused by a McLaren 720S from a stop and roll

      This is ugly. Not all that surprising however if you have been following McLaren 720S performance results. The new McLaren dyno's just shy of 700 horsepower to the rear wheels completely stock on a Dynojet.


      Not to mention the absurdly quick magazine test figures as well as a video showing the 720S dispatch the 675LT with ease.

      Well, here is a Huracan for context and the poor Lambo needs some boost if it wants to play.

      In the drag races the Huracan gets an initial lead by virtue of all wheel drive but into 3rd gear the McLaren 720S just pulls like a freight train going by.

      From a 40 mile per hour roll, it's a joke. The McLaren is in another zip code. Even when the Huracan is given a huge jump it doesn't matter.

      Wow is the 720S fast.


      This article was originally published in forum thread: Mclaren 720S vs Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4 started by SpeedLimit? View original post
      Comments 9 Comments
      1. Blown6's Avatar
        Blown6 -
        Geez after that Vicious beating put a TT kit on that Lambo

        I believe the 720s traps over 145mph... enough to run with a 918 spyder!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blown6 Click here to enlarge
        I believe the 720s traps over 145mph... enough to run with a 918 spyder!
        Something to consider: http://www.porscheboost.com/content....n-Houston-heat
      1. Blown6's Avatar
        Blown6 -
        Consistency from electric motors no doubt, though i think the heat took some trap speed out of that 4.6 V8 in the 918....

        motor trend has the 918 trapping 145mph vs 149 in the P1 below:

        ACCELERATION TO MPH*
        0-30 1.2 sec 1.2 sec
        0-40 1.7 1.6
        0-50 2.1 2.0
        0-60 2.6 2.4
        0-70 3.0 3.0
        0-80 3.5 3.6
        0-90 4.1 4.3
        0-100 4.7 5.1
        PASSING, 45-65 MPH 0.9 0.9
        QUARTER MILE 9.8 sec @ 148.9 mph 10.0 sec @ 145.2 mph
        2.21-MI ROAD COURSE LAP 90.71 sec 89.89 sec

        Here are some numbers by Topgear for the 720S, very impressive for the price point vs the others:

        0-10mph: 0.46s
        0-20mph: 0.96s
        0-30mph: 1.40s
        0-40mph: 1.82s
        0-50mph: 2.30s
        0-60mph: 2.77s
        0-70mph: 3.33s
        0-80mph: 3.93s
        0-90mph: 4.59s
        0-100mph: 5.31s
        0-110mph: 6.14s
        0-120mph: 7.06s
        0-130mph: 8.16s
        0-140mph: 9.38s
        0-150mph: 11.01s

        mile 10.19secs @ 146.0mph
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blown6 Click here to enlarge
        Here are some numbers by Topgear for the 720S, very impressive for the price point vs the others:
        Whoops I was supposed to have these linked in the article. Let me add that in.
      1. SpeedLimit?'s Avatar
        SpeedLimit? -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blown6 Click here to enlarge
        Geez after that Vicious beating put a TT kit on that Lambo

        I believe the 720s traps over 145mph... enough to run with a 918 spyder!
        That same 720 has trapped as high as 151, I've posted that vid by the same channel in another thread recently.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SpeedLimit? Click here to enlarge
        That same 720 has trapped as high as 151, I've posted that vid by the same channel in another thread recently.
        I need to go take a look.

        I'll put up an article ASAP. Resolving some issues.
      1. Blown6's Avatar
        Blown6 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SpeedLimit? Click here to enlarge
        That same 720 has trapped as high as 151, I've posted that vid by the same channel in another thread recently.
        The highest I have seen a P1 trap is 152mph at a price of 1.2M.

        The 720S starts at less than 300K and offers similar performance. The mainstream supercar bar has been set higher to hypercar status ....
      1. SpeedLimit?'s Avatar
        SpeedLimit? -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blown6 Click here to enlarge
        The highest I have seen a P1 trap is 152mph at a price of 1.2M.

        The 720S starts at less than 300K and offers similar performance. The mainstream supercar bar has been set higher to hypercar status ....
        Correction for myself, this 720 trapped 140 while running 10.1
      1. Blown6's Avatar
        Blown6 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SpeedLimit? Click here to enlarge
        Correction for myself, this 720 trapped 140 while running 10.1
        Topgear had the 720S @ 146mph vs 149mph in the P1 (MT). Hell, the 720 trapped slightly higher than the 918@145 ....

        How is Mclaren able to achieve this, low weight and extra power under the curve from a displacement bump .....